Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How does 6pm EDT/ 5pm CDT / 4pm MDT sound for a good time to begin an invasion of Max-Dan-Wiz?

Found the ARG archive I started but never finished. 

Now slowly working on it. Heh, so much lolz.

Please, and send me a copy once you're done!

Thanks to Evernote Web Clipper, I've been done this about 10x faster and the format is way nicer, so it should be done in about 2-3 days tops. Unless I run out of space on Evernote... Then I'll just make a new account and continue. Lol. 

I'll be putting it into one giant "note" (sort of like an individual file in Evernote) some avatars will be missing due to what I'm assuming is just c/p issues, but then it's done and I'll put up the Evernote URL and I think there's an email version too...

I'll also try and find a way to make it just into either one huge jpeg file or a series of jpeg files for convience sake. (Evernote web takes ages to load). 

“Oh no, they’ll be onto us soon!” the tracking officer stated, looking up from the computer station, “Their sensor package is within breaching distance of their heliosheath! It’s only a matter of time!”
The commander paced the deck of the star cruiser, worriedly considering the chart. “We have no choice,” said the commander, “I recognize that this is a primitive species, but their warlike culture would surely mean the death of us if we were to be found out. I’m taking the political initiative and issuing a destruction order.”
The executive officer motioned in agreement, “We have no choice.”
“Weps?”
“I agree,” said the Weapons officer, “I can offer you all our particle weapon banks at full power.”
“Do it!” shouted the commander, “Fire, fire, fire!”
The ship shuddered as a dozen particle beam cannons unleashed all they could muster at the approaching sensor package, yet nothing seemed to happen, not even the slightest charring.
“Cursed monsters!” the commander swore, “Fire! Blow it back to the primitive planet it came from! Fire everything!”
The spacecraft fired all of its particle weapons, minute after minute, hour after hour. Twelve hours later, the weapons officer shouted back, “No damage to target! Sir, if we keep firing like this, in thirty seconds our focusing lenses will melt clean off!”
“I have a suggestion,” said the science officer, “If we expand our electromagnetic shields to behind the sensor package, it might break their communications uplink.”
“Can we do it?” asked the executive officer.
The science officer solemnly replied, “It’s our only shot.”
And so they projected their shield array behind the sensor package, but minutes turned into hours, and twelve hours later the ship engineer ran into the control room and declared, “In three minutes, this ship will have no power left. We must move off and recharge!”
“No,” stated the captain, “We can do it! Come on, damn it, work! Break that uplink!”
Three minutes later, the shield projector fizzled out, and the ship was floating freely in space. “It will take us two months to get maneuvering back online. At least we still have gravity and life support.”
“I don’t know if it matters,” muttered the tracking officer, watching the hulking metal object pass across the main sensor screen, “In two months, we’re doomed.”
The captain continued alternating methods with every drop of power he could find for three days, but the tracking officers words seemed to hold true. The primitive’s sensor package went on with nary a scratch.
And there was nothing they could do to stop it.

“For the last seven years, Voyager 1 has been exploring the outer layer of the bubble of charged particles the sun blows around itself. In one day, on July 28, data from Voyager 1's cosmic ray instrument showed the level of high-energy cosmic rays originating from outside our solar system jumped by five percent. During the last half of that same day, the level of lower-energy particles originating from inside our solar system dropped by half. However, in three days, the levels had recovered to near their previous levels.” ---www.nasa.gov (8/3/12)
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/voyager/voyager20120803.html

Just wanted to warn you in advance, my present intent is to read Nevermore, write a really long analysis, write a long, somber farewell letter, then leave.

I will not delete my profile, but I will be generally done with the site.

In the farewell letter, I will leave other ways to be contacted.

That is all.

I'm sorry to hear that, End. You will be sorely missed. It seems you've already made up your mind, so I won't waste anyone's time trying to convince you otherwise. We all love and respect you. Best wishes.

I'm not gone yet. Stick around for one really long review, and one tearful letter directed at all of you guys.

Um, here or MX?

I mean, I'm sure that place has less friendly activity than this.

I know we haven't talked much lately (any of us, really), but yeah. I'll miss you.

Too lazy to read Nevermore, but want to know how it ends?
http://www.max-dan-wiz.com/forum/topics/the-running-spoiler-thread-...

Was a 2 hour read. Downer ending. Fax wins.

...TAE was the only decent, mostly plot coherent book in the series then?

What a ridiculous way to end things.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service