Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just got home from Prom. I'm exhausted.

O.O So early. 

Man we don't even have snow off the ground yet. XD 

o.o When do you guys have prom?

We had prom on 4-20.

My school is basically begging for more disaster at this point.

@Jessie: that's actually hilarious. XDDD 

@Fate: End of June. Some schools here have it as early as late May. XD And it's not really a "prom" because we don't have those. We just had some "snow" (it wasn't much but c'mon on weather) come in this weekend. Ugh, Canadian problems. 

My dog charged at another dog and my phone (in my hand, I just finished calling my parents) fell out and my screen cracked. >.> 

Luckily the lock button also hasn't been working (for months now) so hopefully I'll be allowed to get a replacement because of the lock button. Augh. Hope so, or else my parents are gonna kill me. 

Watching a news bulletin on 4-20 in Denver. I have never seen so much dope.

I go to college in the weed-iest city in the state, and for the past couple years they've been doing their damnedest to keep people from smoking in the quad on 4/20.

It never fucking works.

We'd have the pot-lot over here smoking up the quad every thursday. And it's not even legal here.

:DDD 

Even though my screen is cracked (lol they put that under "cosmetic damages") Apple is letting me get a new phone because the lock/power button didn't work. :) 

Ahaha don't have to pay $229 for a new one or have to get my sister to replace the screen aw yeah. I only have to wait until they get some 64 GB iPhone 5's in stock...

One of my classmates e-mailed a long-worded complaint to me about a critique I had made on one of her works.

So, as you all know and enjoy, I put on the old Sane Fan writing cap and proceeded to disassemble her complaint in that lighthearted, logical way that I do. I'll be curious to see whether she ignores it, responds, or knees me in the yarbles before class tomorrow.

I did get an e-mail back, looks like the usual complaint. However, I am going to have to talk to her personally in class today about it, starting with the gutsy thing of saying "I'm sorry". It seems like her main concern was that I didn't start with a positive lead-in comment.

Personally, I'm not a fan of positive comments on drafts, only on final products. You don't learn anything when someone says that your draft is good, and bad things on drafts always can be corrected. However, I am increasingly aware that this doesn't quite work on everyone, especially those who haven't taken more than one creative writing class and aren't used to feedback. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service