Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

12 pages away from completing my college career. Just need to hang in there...

Holy crap, really? Wow...

Well, good luck! I know it will go fantastically.

The Great Gatsby was really graphic. And triggering. I had an anxiety attack after watching it. 

I hear it just didn't do so well with critics overall. It's a shame, it's my favorite literature piece alongside Heart of Darkness and Great Expectations.

I am so fucking done with hearing news stories about mass shootings.

For fuck's sake, America.

How many more goddamn tragedies are we going to witness before Congress decides to stand up to the NRA and gun rights activists and fucking do something?

No one was killed this time but I think that's hardly relevant.

It's going to take 300+ people, it will have to take place in Alabama, and all of them will have to be children.

The problem is that the NRA (And associated groups) has a lot of power and support.

Also, the second amendment thing.

Recently, I was told by a classmate that we couldn't just change the constitution as we pleased, since they were written by Franklin 'n Friends, and the foundation of our country. This was her argument against changing the amendments.

The amendments.

Yeah.

Yeah, the bastards.

And I mean I think it's one thing to take away people's guns, but one of the phrases in the amendment itself is "well-regulated." So.

Ahahahahahaha. Actually wait, that's mostly sad.

Tumblr wouldn't shut up about Hannibal, so I gave in and watched the first episode and...

Guys. It's really good. (At least, if you liked reading Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs -- it also pulls from the movie for Silence of the Lambs.)

Seconding that it's really really good.

Though if you're watching it through anything legal, they cut episode 4 for the US so you can either watch all the character/ plot development clips, or download it. (and by episode four, I mean 'Ceuf', not 'Coquilles' like hulu will try and tell you). 

It's "Œuf" or "Oeuf", technically speaking, even though NBC doesn't really seem to care themselves. I care ;; 

I was really confused when I got to "Coquilles" because suddenly the PREVIOUSLY ON HANNIBAL was including bits from scenes I had never seen, and then I immediately found out that an entire episode had been cut :V 

One of my best RL friends is really, really dedicated to Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal, and while he's great, Mads Mikkelsen absolutely knocks it out of the park. There are a couple quibbles -- for one, Mikkelsen is almost incomprehensible at times -- but overall it is the only television show, ever, that I found myself marathoning because I had to know what happened next.

The pilot is a pretty good indicator of what's to come, and I'd recommend giving it a try if you think the idea sounds at all interesting. If you don't like it, you don't like it, but if you do like it, well, clear your schedule for the next eight hours.

Tomorrow, I graduate.

And after that, I find out what kind of latin honors I get, if any.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service