Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in my 5th week of my new job, so I feel like I know about 10% of what I need to. It's alright now in that I can actually be left on my own to do the routine stuff with our analyser, and to do a fair chunk of computer work, rather than having to have someone looking over my shoulder all the time.

My job (in a hospital blood bank) is also a fascinating insight into the names people inflict on their children. Being an incredibly multicultural city, you see a lot of ethnic names, some of which are extremely long (Sandararankan is a favourite), but you also see things like a 50 year old guy with the middle name Mary (first name Henry). Lots of kids named Edward, and Bella. Also lots of Angels. A guy called Launceston today.

My job will also cure me of my hatred of talking on the phone because I have to call people all the time, and it's only going to get worse.

I'm loving living out of my parents place again, getting to cook for myself, and go where I want without comment. I'm not enjoying getting up at 6am so much, but it gives me an hour to eat my breakfast and watch the sun rise... I hate getting up early but I like being up early!

I like being paid (tomorrow, yus!!).

All in all, I'm quite well, and beginning to dig myself out of the hole I'd got into last year, so that's a distinct improvement!

And what have you been up to?

I'm glad to hear that! I hope everything continues to go well for you.

Also, those names are horrid. My mom works for Child Protective Services so some interesting names come out of that. Nevaeh is her favorite. Heaven backwards. Although, most people are spelling it Neveah. 

Band and my senior year of high school coming up. My junior year went really well. Chemistry was hell but I got through it and even managed a B- on the final. Most of my friends got D's though. It was stupidly hard final with stuff that we hadn't learned. I brought that to her attention but she blatantly lied and said it was on our study guide. It wasn't.

Oooh, CPS must see some goodies.

Teachers are like that - they realise during the middle of the year when exams are set that they haven't been teaching what they need to, and that they don't have time to teach what they need to, so they half-arse it and hope. And then blame other people when it doesn't work. I don't miss high school. Or university.

Congrats on a B- though!

Those kinds of teachers are the worst. ._. I signed up for AP Bio next year. I love the teacher, but last semester, the highest anyone in that class made on the AP exam was a 2. Sooo. Everyone claimed that she taught absolutely useless information that wasn't on the exam.

The AP Bio teacher tracked me down and told me to take it because I had her for Anatomy and I guess she liked me. idk. I told her I'd think about it but I was already signed up for two AP courses so.

I just don't like teachers that seem to think it's okay to waste my time. If you're not going to teach me anything useful, then why am I in your class?

Job searching...

You see, the way it work in the US is:

1) You go to a site and find a job that looks interesting.

2) Site redirects you to one of fifteen different headhunter groups, who do an interview.

3) Headhunter group promises nothing, then points you in the direction of a hundred other job search sites, which use other headhunters.

4) On rare occasions, after a month of nothing, the headhunter will have sent your resume along to an employer's personnel management offices. If so, they will start with one phone interview, then wait a few weeks.

5) Then they do another phone interview, and wait a few weeks.

6) Then they do an in-person interview, and wait a bit longer.

7) Job?

This aside, I've been working on writing, which is nice, but slow as ever. Any of you doing JulNoWriMo?

Also, I tried to read Martin's Storm of Swords and didn't find it that engaging. Some of his characters are very interesting, but Martin seems to like focusing on boring people, slow prose, and the instances between battles rather than within the battles themselves. It's a shame, the TV show left me expecting very snappy writing...maybe my expectations were too high?

Good luck, End!

I would but I have a summer reading project and marching band will start soon. And I need to work on application stuff because I've been given an early admission opportunity by a college. Could possibly lead to a huge scholarship so essay time.

I'm good, I guess. 'Kicking cancer's ass' as a few people have told me. Fighting with my university to keep my scholarship and trying to room with a friend for the year. I have classes to make up this next semester and I'll have to plan chemo around that, so no job which kind of sucks because I had planned on working this year so I can live off campus next year.

My life is getting back to normal though and that's lovely. I'm driving and hanging out with friends. This shit year has brought us all much closer together, although we usually don't acknowledge it we all know it. I'm writing and playing the Sims and dealing with the new dog, who is on the dense side and doesn't seem to retain training. So yep.

@Omega: It's so stupid. I'm so glad I only have to take one semester of science now. I love it but I'm starting to think the science teachers aren't top-notch. But I've heard good things about Zoology so I'm excited. I'm going to be glad to get high school over. And thank you! I just half-assed the essay stuff and the multiple choice was purely luck.

@Fate: I'm glad everything is getting better. I was concerned like the rest of us on here. I miss talking to you honestly. What kind of dog, btw?

Glad to see you enjoy the conversations between Xuut and I on Fb. They can pretty weird really quickly. XD

Really glad to hear you're kicking some cancer-ass.

@ Omega: Thanks. Me, too.

@ Music: We were told the dog was a cocker spaniel/lab mix, but there is no way she's a cocker spaniel. I think she's Jack Russel Terrier/lab. She's like a normal puppy only it's like someone decided to nurse her on caffeine. x.x

The weird is the amusing part. XD

omfg. I've wanted a Jack Russel Terrier since I was little. And I have a dog that's part lab and she's pretty sedate. She just lays around.

I'll start posting more and tag Xuut just so you can be amused. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service