Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

aaaaah congrats! I'm thrilled for you!

Thank you so much!

I hope your mom will be okay. I'll send good vibes your way. I wish you all the best. 

CONGRATS. :3 

Which uni? What are you gonna do? Holy crap American early admission is early. Our early admission is only like six months before university starts...

Thank you! <3

Franklin College. Small, private school close to where I live. And I'm thinking about a Psychology major and/or some sort of Genetics thing. I don't wanna teach so it looks like I might be a psychologist? I don't know honestly.

Minor in something related to computers, regardless of what you choose. Trust me. Got me a full-time job right out of college.

So that worked out for you then? -was very curious-

I think I'll do that then, it seems better than my Marketing Major, English minor idea to get into publishing. 

@Music: :O So cool. Just wondering (because here you're basically an idiot if you go to a private uni, the public ones are 100000x better) what's the major difference between private and public unis? Or erm, colleges I guess? (Here colleges are usually for if you want to go into the a skills/trades job). Good luck. :3 I'm just as lost as you are don't worry. 

They all say they want an english/marketing/journalism major in the job description, and then under required skills everything they list is related to I.T. Taking at least some computer classes is worth your while.

@End: I actually took an Advanced Computer Applications class and I think I got credit from a university. Should I take a couple other courses as well or?

@Xuut: Private universities are more expensive and slightly more selective. They also just tend to be a little harder. There's always exceptions though. I know that Purdue in Indiana is way more selective than Franklin. But Purdue is where engineers typically go so maybe they expect smarter people to apply anyway.

Take at least one course in Operating Systems and Networking, and one in web design.

Also, if you haven't done so yet, learn to type fluently, without looking at your keyboard.

I'm going to be at Montreal and Prince Edward Island, and a few other places in east Canada the next week. Since I know that half of you live there, are there any useful things I should know about the area?

Don't know about the area, sorry.
Coincidentally, I'm visiting Montreal this weekend. Small world (:

Oh shit End are you still there?

fuck i used to live there

Montreal is THE vacation spot. Check out the Giant Orange downtown (it has the best orange juice, I cannot remember the actual name). The underground mall is pretty sweet. If you go by Quebec City it's so inspiring, Montreal is the modern city. Quebec City is the place of history. Old Quebec is mesmerizing. Also, get a real Quebecois poutine and Beaver Tails. You don't need to speak French fyi, most people are bilingual. If you go to New Brunswick (maybe PEI) be on the lookout for Acadian Hot Chocolate, it is the shit. 

You live on the east coast, but the seafood in the Maritime Provinces is top notch. (IDK you live in Boston so that might be meh for you). Stick to local restaurants and be aware that EVERYTHING is pricey. Also, McDonalds has this lobster burger, try it just so you can say you had it okay? 

Gosh I hope you're still there and can tell me what cities you're in. -.- 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service