Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

I can't believe we don't have this thread, I went through all the threads looking for it.  Brought back such memories, too.  :D  Tell me if I, however, missed it.

So, pretty self explainatory.  What are you currently reading?  'Tis appreciated if you'd also say whether or not you'd recommend/not recommend the book, too, so everyone can expand their reading list.  :D 

I'm curretly reading:

- Symphony of Ages Seires -- Elizabeth Haydon.  They're great.  I'm adoring them.

- The Messenger -- Markus Zusak.  'Tis lovely.  Very down-to-Earth, great writing style, fast moving without too much action. 

- The Gates -- John Connolly.  Only a few pages into it.  'Tis beyond amazing, though.  I love this author.

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

>.> What? What did I do?
At the moment, Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld. Inching my way through it since lately I've kind of just neglected to read it outside school. ^^ It's pretty good, but I just have others things I'd rather do at home. Got four hundred pages, mild-sized font and spacing, and pictures here and there. >_> I thought the pictures were pretty cool, but my friend looked at it and scoffed, "You're reading a picture book?" My reply: "It's not a picture book, dammit!" Recommended.

XD Funny, my laptop died while I was writing this reply. So I get quite a bit closer to the end of the book. Hmmm...odd coincidence?
Is... that book any good? I started following him on Twitter because of it, iirc.
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatteeee I am...

Leviathan? Personally, I think so. Do you like books with airships, warfare, and girls disguising themselves as boys? XD Am I the only one on this earth without a Twitter?
Journey to the Centre of the Earth

I'm not sure I've got the best translation but... whatever.
Transla... oh. Hah. Yeah, I forgot that dude was French.
The Frenchest guy in the history of the world. Some may dispute this, but it's true.
I read that. . . .two summers ago. *really liked it*
That was a fun book, but I think some of his other travel books were more interesting. He wrote a short story called The Blockade Runners that was pretty cool, and Michael Strogoff was also a fun read.

And of course there are all of his usual books, but you've probably heard of those already.
SPOILERS FOR "BURNED":

"Burned" by the same lady that did "Crank" and "Glass". Can't be bothered to look up her name right now. Ok- are ALL of her stories so depressing!? I just thought it was that one series, but even her books end really shittily.
It does.

Way to late. Haha.
Maximum Ride

Fun stuff. >.>

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service