Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You weren't local to the 6.5, I hope?

You have internet, so I suppose that's a good sign...

I was.

Power's up here, and phone lines. I'm in the lucky 20% of the city - power and water.

Jesus, man. Glad you're still with us.
Yeah, me too. current death toll is 65. 200+ missing. Ongoing aftershocks, some in the 4.'s but mostly in the 3.'s - Guy down the road died. He was in his car and the front of a building fell on him.

It looks... just horrifically terrifying.

I'm so glad you're okay....

Thanks, aye. Heard your news coverage is pretty good.

Damn. Glad to hear you weathered the rough part.

I hope things get fixed down there easily enough, and that the aftershocks stop. I was in a pissy .5ish quake in Kobe, Japan, but I can't even imagine how nuts a 6+ would be.

Thanks.

The aftershocks are really hard though. The longest we've had all night without one is an hour and a half - so not much sleep.

5.'s are terrifying enough!

Oy. I did a little research, and supposedly the magnitude of aftershocks follow a graph similar to 1/x, expanded for whatever magnitude you're dealing with, which means that you may be dealing with this for a few more days in diminishing ammounts.

Not 5, .5 (1/2). It felt like a subway was going by.

In other news, the folks at GNS say that this quake is itself an aftershock of a 7.1 in the area from last September, and that you stand a 1:3 chance of getting a 5 later on in the year.

Here's a link from the CDC about during-earthquake reccomendations. I'm sure you already have most of this covered though.

http://emergency.cdc.gov/disasters/earthquakes/during.asp

Again, I hope that the situation improves.

Whoa, just woke up... There's a lot of shit going on, wow... Glad you're okay..

Life sucks.

...That is all.

:\

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service