Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29319

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So apparently I didn't actually have a texting plan. 

Well, I didn't know that. 

>.> At least I don't text that much? Sort of.

My stomach feels like it's in my chest. This might have something to do with the fact that I've only eaten rice and part of a smoothie today, but that wouldn't have been the case had it not been for the subconscious part of my brain's insistence that ingesting anything would be a ticket to throw up again.

This, coupled with the impending due dates of two essays and a discussion - absolutely none of which I'm prepared for - makes me wish I could just die for a while and revive sometime around the end of next month, when I'll get to do run crew and fly out to Washington to see my brother.

.-.

/endwhine, off to sleep

Gangs of New York still yanks right on my heartstrings -- I was watching the ending (because for some reason that version of "The Hands That Built America" is boss and the only ones I can find legit suck), and I realized that Priest Vallon has a nice tombstone where the Butcher has a plank... and it hit me: yeah, Bill probably bought that tombstone. For his worst enemy. He bought a tombstone.

sdflkjsdlf.

Catch-22 is such a wonderful book. Hilarious and biting and clever and witty and... SO GOOD.
Considering the last time I read it was like four years ago, I think a reread is now warranted.

I'm looking back through it for quotes to analyze, and I'm writing down far too many to ever be useful because they're all so good. Usually, I can never seem to find enough quotes and reading back through to analyze makes me loathe the idea of ever touching the book again, but I kind of just love it even more. 

A reread is definitely warranted.

Was trying to find that movie where there's a man with a helmet from an old diving suit who does fuckall for 90 minutes. 

Came away and I'll be damned, he's actually got Sputnik on his noggin.

I keep forgetting that not all of my friends are on Spring Break right now. 

This is weird. 

Dinner consisted of crab (which I do not eat), squid (also which I do not eat), soy sauce chicken (which I'm not particularly fond of), this spinach-ey vegetable thing (which there wasn't enough of), and white rice (also not enough of). So now since I ate very little, I'm still hungry. >.> 

Researching the uprisings in the Middle East/North Africa that have happened since January, and feeling like a loser because I haven't actively done so before.

Apparently, there have been protests across pretty much the whole region, save for Qatar and Israel. Like, serious protests. Where the government has come in and beaten people. And multiple people have set themselves on fire. I knew about Syria and Libya and Egypt and Tunisia and Yemen and Bahrain, to an extent; it's literally all across the region, though. I suppose I ought to start paying attention to the news more. This is important stuff going down. o.e

It's an interesting chain of events. I get the general picture, but it's still a complex matter.

:D

*happy*

Also, I just wrote 1400 words describing a fairly minor part of my new roleplay. World building FTW.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service