Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29320

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Back from camp. Feels weird typing. 

Found a ton of my counselors on Facebook. This is also extremely weird.

Now I have two days to do laundry and sleep in a bed and eat real food until I leave on Sunday to be a program aide at a Harry Potter camp. Whee. Retrospectively, I probably should have planned a bigger gap between the two sessions.

Trying to design a tattoo of a set of wings, but the feathers on one of them are not cooperating... >.<'

Got my heart monitor results back from the cardiologist this week. Nothing they're really concerned about at the moment, because I'm not showing any major symptoms, like passing out, etc. But if it continues through the summer, I have to go in for a stress test on a treadmill.

I have PVC's, First Degree heart block, and Second Degree heart block, type one and type two. Also, my heart rate kicked up to 180 one time. I'm not really sure WHEN that was, because he didn't say, but I think it was when we were running the mile in gym class. So. Lovely. I have to go back in a year.

That... sucks.

Seeing as nobody else has done it yet, on behalf of the rest of us:

*offers tea*

I fucking hate hospitals.

*accepts tea* Thanks. Trust me, so do I. The smell, the people, the needles.. *shivers* I hate needles.

I don't think anyone likes needles :\ Hey, at least you don't have to go back for a while. For a few years I had, I think, twice-a-year X-rays to keep track of my scoliosis.

Well, yeah, but not everyone has a panic attack when told they have to face one. When I was eleven or twelve, I had to spend the night in the hospital, and they had to put in an IV. It took 6 nurses, the doctor, and my mom to hold me down. I start hyperventilating if the doctor even mentions a shot.

But hey, that's something, I guess. I would hate to have to go back multiple times a year like that.

Aww :C There's some new tech that's a needleless shot, but I don't think it'll ever be very popular -- I read about it several years ago and haven't yet seen it in use. So we're stuck with 'em for the time being, sadly.

I also have legendarily bad teeth :V To the tune of at least two root canals that I remember, three crowns, multiple pulled teeth... As a child I was threatened with braces (to correct my buck teeth / overbite, probably), but now I'll probably lose my real teeth before I get any kind of braces in my mouth.

I was quite happy the last time I had to do a scoliosis X-ray, I must say :D Unfortunately they stopped doing them because I had stopped growing. At like fourteen. 

Yes. My mom sedates people for a living, so dinner conversation is always lovely... Needleless shot? How the heck would that even work.....

Mine are... fairly straight. The bottom ones aren't great but, eh. Nothing like my sister's. She'll have to have braces in a couple of years. *whistles* Wow. I've had one filling, and that's about it. But that about sent me over the edge, haha. Needles... in my MOUTH. Nooot good. I couldn't imagine having all of that at a young age.

It was at least half a decade ago :V I'm trying to find the article I saw, but no luck so far as it was a tiny spotlight in Scientific American. It sounds like this one, but I read the article way before 2009. While looking, though, I also found investigation into other methods: TB shot as an aerosol, all kinds of cool shit. This article matches the timeframe but isn't the one I remember. Whatever. 

My dentist uses numbing gel before he needles me up, but it never really works :| 

Just got back from staffing at a boyscout camp. Left six weeks early. Mainly because I don't want to work fourteen hour days, six days a week for two months with no pay.

Also, favorite part of it? Getting a chance to say this.

"Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that I screwed up the huge event we had planned for today, humiliated my boss in front of his superiours, and lost the roster sheet that could have potentially saved my ass from being yelled at in the woods somewhere. The good news is that I found a penny."

Also, finished BioShock 2 just before I left.

(o_0)

xD The no pay thing is shitty, though, I'll admit.

Funny, I'm leaving today to staff a Girl Scout camp for a week. A Harry Potter-themed Girl Scout camp, actually. The entire premises of the camp will be devoted to Harry Potter. It shall be interesante.

See y'all in a week.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service