Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BRB going back to MDW for the first time in ages because I can. 

<3 PRAISE FIGGY BECAUSE I HATE THE OTHER RELATIONSHIPS!  

BITCHPUNK, FAIRY IS WAY BETTER!

FUCK YOU BRO. FIGS > FAIRIES. 

Heh heh, figging.

This fucking disgusts me. 

Which part?

All of it?

...98% of all U.S. farms are family-owned.
(Source: Economic Research Service, 2005

But forced to used patent seeds. And then the meat industry? I don't know what crackpot moron did that particular piece of bullshit (and it doesn't specify WHAT farms) but I was pretty sure the only way the American food industry works is that the farmers pretty much only profit if they sell to big corporations. 

And the answer to why can't animals have more space. Okay, the cows like to sleep together. That doesn't mean that they like sleeping together for twenty four hours a day. And I don't want to get started on the chickens. 

Why are most farm animals raised indoors is also the biggest load of crap I've ever heard in my life. These animals aren't pets. Just... seriously? 

You know what? Just the entire damn thing. But especially that little bit on the justification of growth hormones. Yes, I believe that some growth hormones are okay. They make some sense I guess. No, your chicken should not be so fat it can't even stand up. No, your cow should not be mutated because of the mass amount of hormones it has. 

And the most despicable part? This is for KIDS and TEACHERS to use in their class. And... is this from the government...?

It's from a Kansan ag association that describes itself as an "advocacy" group. This is generally a word you want to run far the hell away from. Especially when three of their four group goals are about making money.

I might have to talk to a nutritionist at CU. Because I really, really want to go vegetarian again :C

:|

Damn those fucking southern states.  

Kansas is actually in the north, technically speaking. It is, however, a terrible state that would fit in much better with the south.

I have an explanation for items 2 and on, but you haven't had the past experience to understand it.

By past experience are you referring to basic education? Or something else. Like an experience you've had that may justify the usage of GMO's and antibiotics? (I don't know very much about the antibiotics used in farming.)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service