Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The kibbutz system, right?

That's not communism. Communism refers to a large scale.

Yes, Kibbutzim.

No, it doesn't have to be a large scale. Communism is mostly an economic model, so as a result you can apply it to a group as small as two or three people.

Tell that idiot to look up the original Queen Elizabeth, and Hatsheput, and Cleopatra, and Margaret Thatcher and Golda Meir

Then, ask him to glance through these people:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_elected_or_appointed_female_he...

Ugh, he spews crap out of mouth and I swear to god he doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me, I'll go on a twenty minute rant about how they don't count because it's not modern day or that they relied on men in order to get into the position of power they are in. 

In addition, he argued that because they're not famous (really well known in Canada at least) they're not really successful.

Edit: I feel the need to mention that I'm pretty sure this guy is an elitist. He told me that "AP kids are stupid" because they're not in IB and that if they actually wanted to go to the High School Model United Nations then they should've been in IB Englisn and Social, not AP. 

Fame is subjective and shouldn't be used as a basis for value.

For instance, I don't know who the Canadian Prime Minister is. That doesn't mean that they are insignificant or unimportant.

I'm sure his argument would be somewhere along then lines of, "then evidently, because their name is not recognized, they cannot be known as a impressive female figure in politics" or something like that just on the basis because he doesn't know who they are. My argument after that would be something like, "Well then do you know who invented the TV? I don't, but I think that's pretty damn important." I really hate this guy. 

Stephen Harper. Listened to a guy go on a thirty minute rant on why he's a genius. 

Makes me wonder what people say behind my back. XP
Sword of damocles FTL

Huh.

You know, I was talking about talking about you behind your back (You, specifically, EndOf) just a few hours ago.

Fancy that.

Nothing too terrible, I hope?

Nah, I tell this to his face too. 

I'm kind of confused as to why he doesn't hate my guts... I mean he's actually kind of civil to me.  

Someone asked me about that on a different site, I googled, and I'll be goddamned.

My future post:

...When I asked, "And...where does everyone else fit in?" I think you misunderstood, Yuki.

I don't mean where the other characters fit in.

I mean where every other roleplayer fits in.

I'm going to be perfectly blunt: You are not a good roleplayer. I'm not being mean, I'm not being evil, I'm being perfectly honest. You have no skill as a GM.

A GM is there for the other roleplayers--to give them a good time. That's the whole point. A GM is donating their blood and sweat so that their friends can have fun. A GM is not supposed to put limits on other characters that she doesn't put on her own. A GM is not supposed to slay entire armies while the other characters do nothing because they're that weak in comparison. A GM is not supposed to base the entire plot around their character. A GM is not supposed to lie. A GM is not supposed to have their characters be the only ones who serve any purpose whatsoever. A GM is not supposed to make the roleplayers be toys for the GM and her character to play with.

I don't care if your characters are overpowered, or cliched, or mary sues, or poorly written, or just plane plain unlikeable. I don't care if they both have torture mentioned a thousand times in their history, or if their abilities revolve around darkness and death and evil and kicking puppies. Hell, I don't even care that they both lack any originality whatsoever.

What I care about is that you're an awful GM.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service