Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So I've decided to start looking at colleges and college websites and shit again. Observations:

1) Every single fucking school I might be interested in (with the thankful exceptions of UChicago and Northeastern) have an early decision option instead of early action. This is frustrating.

2) Practically all of the colleges that choose to advertise to me through my email are Christian. I do not want to go to a Christian college. I am not fucking Christian. I wish there was a way I could tell College Board this.

3) I want to go to UChicago so much that the thought of being rejected hurts. Then I remind myself that they have an acceptance rate of slightly less than 20%, and I want to fucking scream.

4) I will have applied for every college I want to in under a year. I will know of my admission (or lack thereof) to UChicago within a year.

5) By the time the new season of Sherlock comes out, I will practically be packing for college.

6) Holy hell, I am too fucking young to go to college in a year and a half.

7) But I want to go. So badly.

I understand. I only have half a year. Y-Y I'm just glad I finally have all of the applications and acceptances out of the way. Now I just have to hurry up and submit my portfolio to see if SCAD (aka the school of my dreams) will give me a scholarship or not. If they don't, there's no way I can go there.

I do not feel eighteen or ready for college yet, but I can't wait either...

And Christian colleges are frickin' annoying.

Good luck!

XD  I feel like the Christian Unis are helping me.  "Oh, her scores suck, but look at all the stuff she does at her Church/community!" kinda thing.  

I'm in college -- as in, in my pajamas, posting from my dorm room. You're gonna do fine. 

(PS I will be of no help to you if you have questions about applying, because I transferred rather than actually, uh, applying. Which also means that I was guaranteed admission.)

Unless you're in an ivy-league school, in which case you want to put aside some money for a selection of tutors and a really good therapist.

So now I have, in addition to acceptances, a $4000/year scholarship offer for the cheap little school I applied to as a back-up but don't really care about, $18,000/year for the all-girl expensive private college that I really like and went to a summer program for, and $10,000/year for my dream school, where the tuition is a couple grand higher than the private school.

So, first school is eliminated from the choice because I really don't care about it, while the private college is almost halfway paid for and the dream school is not quite a quarter of the way. 

And this is all before I've given any of them my art portfolio. :D It's starting to look hopeful! 

Congrats!

Feeling slightly better today.

You know, aside from the occasional cough. And the fact that my respiratory track is still a mucus-tardis.

Regretting giving my email address when I took the PSAT...

I actuually had to switch email accounts. I ended up with more than eight hundred emails from colleges.

Crap.

You can change your email settings at the College Board site.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service