Maximum Ride Unofficial Community

Protect the flock! From JP and Hachette!

Besides posting on here and replying to this thread. Original credit for this goes back to Fate and Nathan on MX.

Views: 29316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...Kay. I don't mean to judge, as I certainly have my own bucket of problems, but...if you can't afford to send all of your kids out of your home with a decent chunk of capital for school, and you waste money...then you're a prick. I don't know what UBC is, or how expensive it is, but I'm guessing (Based on your post) that it's not entirely unreasonable, and within grasp given well planned saving. Which means that your mom and brother are...well, I disapprove of them, to put it simply.

It reminds me somewhat of those idiots who have cars more expensive than their homes. And I'm not talking about a car that you need to drive to work and is the complete cheapest thing you can find, either.

UBC is the University of British Columbia, and they're a really, really cool university. I suck at judging expensiveness of colleges, but they do seem to be on the "goddammit I'm paying HOW much" end of the scale.

My dream college, which I got into, charges a cool 50,000 per anno. :/

Which school is that?

My dream school costs more than that (incl. room&board). I'm super extraordinarily lucky that money won't be a big issue in determining where I go. 

Same here, roughly. Maybe a little less, but plus art supplies. So far they've offered me 10k a year. :/

I judge people because well, I can't help it. If you sound like a stupid quacking duck, I can't help but think you're a stupid quacking duck. Per year, an undergrad degree costs from around $5 000 - $7 000 CDN (more than American at this point), not including textbook fees, cost of living, or student fees which include a U-pass (erm basically a versatile uni pass for transit and such). Well, I got news the other day that my granddad won't let me live with him (thanks pops, really feelin' the love even though you haven't seen me since I was eight) and without him I can't live anywhere else except on campus. And that's ridiculously expensive. My friend suggested I try out for the Loran Award which can go up to I think $90 000, but I know a lot of the kids who try for that have way better grades than me and do way more service hours and such. Mine just kind of sucks in comparison. 

x.x Trust me, I hate my brother for good reason (IMO anyways) and I'm not a great fan of my mother either. 

I think... sometimes people don't have the ability to save enough, and it is a ridiculous amount. 

Honestly, I don't understand how something as important as education can be tied up in what someone's parents are willing/ able to pay, especially since at 18 I know a lot of the child support stuff gets cut off here, and I would only be eligible for support if I was living out of home. 

For some reason I thought Canada worked more like Australian/ UK universities though, with deferred payment. 

Not saying people who deliberately spend money instead of saving to send their kids to college when they know they have to pay get a free pass, because, I mean if you know, and you can save, then that's your responsibility, but it's still a messed up system. 

Someone mentioned Harlequin babies. I didn't know what it was, so I decided to look it up.

Never again. Dx

Somehow, the Iron Sky reviews have become so conflicted that while one review claims audience members were laughing their heads off, another review claims the entire audience was dead silent for the whole film.

Still going to see it in April.

And they nay-sayers continue to whine about parts of this being too good to be a B-movie, and therefore bad...I don't get it at all. 

Regardless of reviews, I'm going to see it.

Me too. My dad wants to see it as well.

In a bizarre twist, the only other distributors that have picked it up outside of Europe are American and Israeli.

But then, considering the fact that they first showed this at a film festival in Berlin, the movie offstage has just been as wacky as the film itself.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Z.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service